Eastern Section AAPG Student Expo
The Erickson Alumni Center in Morgantown, West Virginia will be the venue for the Eastern Section AAPG (ESAAPG) Student Expo. Registration is Closed at This Time
About the Student Expo:
- The Student Expo is a unique event that links geosciences students with industry recruiters
- Students benefit by networking, sharing their resume, presenting their research, and interviewing with multiple employers
- Companies enjoy cost-efficient and timely recruiting from a diverse and talented student population
Activities at the two-day Student Expo include:
- Student Chapter Leadership Conference (1:00 to 5:00 pm)
- Saturday Evening reception and poster sessions on geology and geophysics (5:30-7:00 pm)
- Field-trip to visit Marcellus shale gas operations (Cancelled)
- Company sponsored Luncheon with poster awards
- A potentially full day of poster presentations and interviews (Sunday)
- Free attendance at the AGS-ESAAPG Mudrocks Symposium
Please note that the Expo is only for students in geosciences or related fields. Posters are not required, but must be related to geophysics, geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, and earth & environmental science. Only the first 30 poster abstracts will be accepted. Students are requested to submit their resumes and poster abstracts in advance of the meeting. Resumes allow companies to identify candidates with the required skill sets.
Students who graduated within the last two years may still participate in this event.
Geosciences faculty members are encouraged to attend. Student Posters