My research interests include remote sensing of phenology, geostatistics, and climatology. Now, I am focusing on examining how human induced land cover land use change will influence local and regional climate (e.g. monsoon in West Africa and East Asia).
- 08/2013- Present : Ph.D in Geography, Department of Geology and Geography, West Virginia University
- 09/2010- 07/2013: M.S. in Cartology and Geographic Information System, Department of Geography, Beijing Normal University, China
- 09/2006- 07/2010: B.S. in Surveying Engineering, Dept. of Environment Science and Spatial Informatics, China Univ. of Mining and Tech., China
- 06/2010- 07/2013: Research Assistant, Department of Geography, Beijing Normal University, China
- 03/2011- 07/2011: Teaching Assistant of Introduction to Remote Sensing, Beijing Normal University, China
- 05/2014- 07/2014: Summer Intern in WV GIS Technical Center, West Virginia
- 09/2010- 07/2011: Office of graduate Affairs, Beijing Normal University, China
- 04/2010- 06/2010: Xuzhou Institute of Survey and Mapping, Jiangsu province, China
Honors and Awards
- Research Assistantship, West Virginia University, 2013-2015
- Graduate student travel funds, West Virginia University, 2014
- Tuition waiver scholarship, Beijing Normal University, China, 2010-2013
- First/National Scholarship, China University of Mining and Technology, China, 2007-2008/2009
- Yaqian He, Yanchen Bo, , Rogier de Jong, Aihua Li, Yuxin Zhu, Jiehai Cheng. Comparison of vegetation phenology metrics extracted from AVHRR GIMMS NDVIg and MERIS MTCI datasets over China. International Journal of Remote Sensing. (Under Revision)
- Aihua Li, Yanchen Bo, Yuxin Zhu, Peng Guo, Jian Bi, Yaqian He. Blending multi-resolution satellite sea surface temperature (SST) products using Bayesian maximum entropy method. Remote Sensing of Environment 135 (2013): 52-63, doi: 10.1016/j.rse.2013.03.021.
- Yaqian He, Eungul Lee. Comparisons of three temporal resampling methods for producing monthly NDVI datasets over the Sahel in Africa, AAG, Tampa, Florida, April 8-12, 2014. (Poster)
- Yaqian He, Yanchen Bo, Yuxin Zhu and Aihua Li. Estimating spatial means of elementary sampling unit using MSN theory for field Leaf Area Index collection, 35th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment, Beijing, China, April 22-26, 2013. (Poster)
- Xiaole Ji, Yanchen Bo, Jiehai Cheng, Yaqian He, Xiaolong Liu. The method of assessing shape similarity of object-based classification result of remote sensing imagery. Second International Workshop on Earth Observation and Remote Sensing Applications, Shanghai, China, 2012. (Oral)
- Yaqian He, Yanchen Bo, Aihua Li. Validation and Inter-comparison of GLASS, MODIS and CYCLOPES Global Leaf Area Index Products over the BigFoot and VALERI sites. First International Symposium on Land Remote Sensing: Algorithms and Products, Chengdu, China, 2012. (Poster)
- Yaqian He, Yanchen Bo. A consistency analysis of MODIS MCD12Q1 and MERIS Globcover land cover datasets over China, 19th International Conference on Geoinformatics, Shanghi, China, 2011. doi: 10.1109/GeoInformatics.2011.5980667.