WVU climatology lab focuses on the following areas: monsoon climates, land and atmosphere interactions, and climatic impacts on agriculture, forests, and human health. For the details of research, click research
Vacancy: PhD Assistantship at WVU Climatology Lab: For the details see the flyer
Interview Recruitment: Are you interested in participating in an interview on climate study? Please find the details from here.
– Yaqian’s second paper from her dissertation published in Remote Sensing (Mar. 23, 2018).
– WVU geography alumnus receives national Outstanding Scientist Award. Congrats Dr. Shanmugasundram! (Mar, 2018).
– Jothi’s third paper from his PhD study published in International J. of Climatology (Jan, 2018).
– WVU Climatology Lab contributed to Monsoon study by publishing “Geography of Monsoons” on Oxford Bibliographies in Geography (Nov. 29, 2017).
– Dr. Jothi’s second paper from his PhD works published in Dynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans (Nov. 16, 2017).
– Welcome Shobha for joining WVU Climatology Lab (Aug. 2017).
– Yaqian’s first paper from her PhD study published in Remote Sensing of Environment (Aug. 31, 2017).
– Jothi successfully defended his PhD dissertation. Congratulations to Dr. Jothi! (Apr. 13, 2017).
– Jothi’s first paper from his PhD study published in The Anthropocene Review (Mar. 2017).
– Congratulating Yaqian for the WVU Outstanding Merit Fellowship for 2017-18 (Mar. 2017).
– Welcome Ellie for joining WVU Climatology Lab (Aug. 2016).
– Grant awarded: WVU Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (PSCoR) (July 2016).
– Dr. Lee interviewed with ‘The Register-Herald’ on climate change and deadly flooding in WV (Editor’s pick; July 2016) [Link]
– Congratulations Yaqian! First place in the student oral competition at WV GIS conference (May 2016).
– Congratulations to Jothi for defending his PhD proposal (Feb. 2016).
– Congratulations to Yaqian for defending her PhD proposal (Dec. 2015).